Hulu is a streaming app that will only provide you with the best streaming service, but you need to have a strong internet connection. Everything depends upon how well the internet is working. But, the problem is that people most of the time are using Cellular Data, which have limited data, which if used for streaming on Hulu is going to be consumed quickly.
The days are over when cellular carriers offered limited data to their customers, and charge heavily for it. But, things have changed in the recent past when all carriers decided to slash down the prices of their data plans and add more data because they were losing business to broadband services who were offering high-speed internet through Wi-Fi. However, even the current amount of data offered by cellular carriers are not sufficient to stream multiple hours of content.
The problem that people are facing now is that they want to stream content from Hulu.com activate but they are afraid that their data will be exhausting quicker than the expected time. The unlimited data offered by cellular carriers come with an asterisk, i.e., users can enjoy high-speed internet up to a certain value and after that, the speed will reduce to such a level where only web browsing will be possible. Playing videos won’t be much of a fun then.
If you want to stream content from Hulu com account , then it becomes your responsibility to play content in such a way that you get to enjoy all you want and still have the data left. Today, we will be discussing as to how to conserve data while streaming Hulu activate
How to adjust video quality on Android?
While playing videos, you have seen a ‘wheel’ at the bottom right corner of the window or at top right corner. When you click on that ‘wheel’, it shows an option named ‘Video quality’. If not the ‘wheel’, you are going to see three vertical dots. So, you can click that option. Here are the options that you are going to see:
- Auto: Selecting this option will allow the device to choose the right video quality as per signal strength. This setting is fine when you have more than enough data to play with.
- Low: If you are not left with much data, then you can change the video quality to ‘low’.
- Medium: Choosing ‘medium’ video quality will play the videos in 360p or 480p.
- High: Choosing ‘High’ video quality will play the video in 720p or 1080p depending upon how great the signal strength is. But, the data will be consumed accordingly as well.
How to adjust video quality in iOS?
Hulu is not that kind to Apple when it comes to data management. If you are using an iPhone or any other Apple device that supports video streaming, then you don’t have many options to choose from. You can tap gear icon that is provided in the bottom-left corner of the display and you’ll see the following options.
- Auto: The functioning of this option is same as that in Android devices.
- SD: Choosing this option will allow the video to be played in the standard video quality. The quality will be decent and the data consumption will also be not that high.
Display Playback over cellular data
You can disable cellular playback in Hulu, for which, you will have to go to ‘settings’ > ‘Hulu’ > ‘Cellular Data’. Toggle the switch corresponding to ‘Cellular Data’ to disable the option. With this, Hulu app won’t be able to stream videos when you are using cellular data. Videos will be streamed only on Wi-Fi network.